Form and Matter

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Living the Life

I think I have finally, although only partially, discovered that I need to live the life I say I live. The "form" of my life, the words I use to speak about my life, etc. is only a small aspect of the REALITY with which I live that life. Do I believe in truth? If I do, I must abide in that truth and not lose focus of the reality. The hard part about doing this is, of course, the "matter." The matter is the physical evidence that I am doing and living what I believe. NOT an easy task, to be sure.

I think television is part of our culture's demise in this regard. It tells us things that are not real, so that we, like sheep who have gone astray, can all live life in this "un-reality." We start thinking that we are the rational ones, and it is the "truthsayers" that are deluded. But everyone who belongs to the truth hears the voice of Truth Himself.

May we live the life. May we not be like the sheep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Yeah - that's where the real rubber hits the road, hey. Living out the great and glorious truth we've been given! But it is such an honour to be shown the way.

And cross-continent communication is cool! :) As do movies. I particularly like watching movies that don't take themselves too seriously.
My husband LOVES Groundhog day - every time it comes on TV we make popcorn and watch it.

The demographics of Christianity are probably similar to the USA in some ways - a big mix. I'm Anglican and I'd describe myself as Reformed Evangelical which means I'm probably different to a lot of Anglicans in the USA, from what I understand.

I haven't read the Polish trilogy you mention but it sounds intriguing. What about it left such an impression (or is the sort of thing you have to read for yourself...)? :)

We don't have children yet. How old are yours? I'm sure they keep you busy!

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home